Tuesday 26 March 2019

Father - An equivocal emotion more than a mere relation


If mother is backbone of family then father is the brain. A body can not function without any of these. I always thought it would be very difficult to be just even half of what my father was. A person who served his family and job till the last breath. The day he felt critically ill, crippled me and it was very difficult for me to come out of his shadow and drive the ship. He served his job and fulfilled his responsibilities with utmost honesty and sincerity. I think this is why he has been called to provide his services in other world by supreme power. Though I have lost him physically but his soul is still with me in the form of his teachings which guide me and show me the right path. His biggest teaching - relationship does not define emotions but it is emotions that creates and strengthens a relationship. The large teary eyed crowd gathered to bid him goodbye itself speaks about the way others were connected emotionally with him and the respect he earned over the years.

On the thought of becoming a father, I always envisaged image of my father -Selfless, assiduous, prudent and responsible.  These are not mere adjectives but they are characteristics difficult to find in a single individual. 
I experienced fatherhood not once but twice but for very short period. And will savour these moments for ever. The moment i held my babies in my arms, we struck a chord. All the emotions- love, attachment, caring just ran across my body. I was not willing to let them go but the almighty had different plans. I was surprised with the persistence, patience, tolerence, and courage my bestest half showed in the face of adversity; certainly  this would have broken me if I were in her place. I can not imagine what she has gone through. The way she handled provided me required courage to deal with it and have strengthed our bond. She will be my hero for lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment